The National Comprehensive Cancer Network invites members to a free-of-charge webinar, presented by Stephen J. Harnicar, PharmD, BCOP, BCPS, of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, on the topic Introduction to the NCCN Guidelines® for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and a Comprehensive Review of the Use of JAK2 Inhibitors. The webinar is part of the 2018 NCCN Pharmacy Update Webinar Series.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other health care professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the 2016/2017 diagnostic criteria for primary myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera, and essential thrombocythemia.
- Describe the mechanism of action and special considerations for the use of JAK2 inhibitors, including dosing and administration and dose modifications.
- Discuss the appropriate management of infectious complications and strategies for managing withdrawal syndrome associated with the use of JAK2 inhibitors.
- Discuss novel JAK2 inhibitors currently in the pipeline for the treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasms.
This activity is supported by educational grants from:
- Celgene Corporation
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Pharmacyclics LLC, an AbbVie Company and Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC.
- Prometheus Laboratories Inc.
- Takeda Oncology
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Incyte.
This activity is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Gilead Sciences, Medical Affairs.
This activity is supported by educational funding provided by Amgen.