DCI Patient Forum (5.19.20)
We recognize that our cancer patients and their caregivers may have concerns about accessing the care they need while COVID-19 remains present in our community.
With this in mind, Duke Cancer Institute has organized a special virtual forum for patients and their loved ones — to be held on Tuesday, May 19, at 4 p.m. via Zoom — on the safety precautions we have put in place to protect them and our team members and our efforts to minimize the spread of infection during this time.
A panel of experts will discuss the importance of continuing to receive care and answer specific questions related to cancer diagnosis, prevention and treatment during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The panel includes:
- Edwin Alyea, MD, Chief Medical Officer for Duke Cancer Institute,
- Cheyenne Corbett, PhD, LMFT, Director, Cancer Support and Survivorship, Co-Director, Center for Onco-Primary Care
- James Abbruzzese, MD, Chief of Medical Oncology
- Peter Allen, MD, Chief of Surgical Oncology
- John Kirkpatrick, MD, PhD, Clinical Director of Radiation Oncology
- Becky Smith, MD, Infectious Disease Specialist at Duke Health
Mark your calendars and REGISTER NOW. (Space is limited)
If patients have questions for the panel, they can e-mail them in advance to contactDUH@dm.duke.edu.