Duke University Hospital’s Employee Development Initiative (EDI) is accepting applications from Nov. 1-30, 2017 for educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, seminars or one-to-two day classes) that will take place January 1- June 31, 2018.
EDI offers short-term funding up to $500.00 (towards registration fees only) to support Duke Hospital employees in their continued professional development. Employees who are interested in pursuing a degree program should use the separate Employee Tuition Assistance Program for educational support.
EDI Application Guidelines
Duke Hospital employees in any job category can apply for EDI funds. Please visit the website for the application and additional program details.
Please submit your completed application via campus mail (not preferred) or submit them to our office at the address provided below. An original application (no fax) with the registration form for the educational event you plan to attend (if available) must be submitted by November 30, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Employee Development Initiative
DUMC Box 3632
Duke Hospital Human Resources
014B Duke South, Purple Zone
You are eligible to apply for EDI funds if you:
- are a Duke Hospital employee (paid under Company 30 cost center)
- work at least 30 hours per week
- have worked at Duke for at least two years as of the date of your application
You are ineligible to receive EDI funding if you:
- have received EDI funding in the past two years
- will receive funding for the educational program from another Duke sponsor such as (but not limited to) FON or an internal department
- have current corrective action