Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said, "The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." And we agree -- so much so, we're teaming up with Amy Blackburn,* who in an effort to help boost our fundraising totals, is donating one of her beautifully monogrammed raincoats.
For every $50 donated to a DCI team between a rainy Friday, Oct. 2, through a hopefully sunny Friday, Oct. 9, each donor's name will be entered into a drawing for a monogrammed raincoat in the color of his or her choice. For example, if a donor gives $100, his or her name will be entered in the drawing twice.
Here's your chance to take those proverbial lemons and make some rad lemonade! Let's help get those fundraising totals up by offering our supporters a fabulous way to stay dry even if Joaquin threatens to rain on our parade.
- Duke Cancer Institute: $1,860 Honorary Captain: Shelley Hwang, MD, MPH Co-Captain: Tina Piccirilli
- Duke Cancer Center Raleigh: $1,110 Honorary Captain: Michael Spiritos, MD Co-Captain: Elattmont Spiller
- Duke Cancer Center Macon Pond: $1,295 Honorary Captain: Elizabeth Campbell, MD Co-Captain: Mardi Gibbs
- Duke Cancer Center Cary: $1,165 Honorary Captain: John F. Reilly, Jr., MD Co-Captain: Katherine Becker, RN
- Duke Cancer Institute Researcher: $260 Captain: Ryan Overcash, PhD
- #teamtatas $322 Captain: Kim Malugen
- TSA Bladegirls: $1,625 Captain: Gayle DiLalla
- Save-Da-TaTas: $2,528 Captain: Linda Suitt
- Duke Breast Friends Forever: $100 Captain: Ellen Parks
The postponed Making Strides event will now place on Saturday, Oct. 17, at North Hills Mall in Raleigh. There is no fee to register. However, participants are encouraged to raise funds. For more information, visit Duke Making Strides. To view Amy's monogrammed raincoats and other personalized merchandize, go to Amy Blackburn. To track Joaquin, visit ABC 11. *Many thanks to Kim Malugen, Survivorship Center, for making this promotional possible.