Merck U03B: Targeted combination therapies for second line ccRCC patients (Renal Cell Cancer)
What is the Purpose of this Study?
- Have physical exams
- Have blood draws
- Have imaging tests (CT/MRI, EKG, echocardiogram, bone scans)
- Receive a random assignment (fair chance) to 1 of 6 study groups
Each study group will take a different combination of the study drug(s). The 6 possible study drug combinations are:
- MK-1308A alone
- MK-4280A alone
- Pembrolizumab + MK-4830
- Pemborlizumab + MK-6482
- Lenvatinib + MK-6482
- Pembrolizumab + lenvatinib
This study is not blinded. That means both you and your doctor will know the group to which you are assigned and what study drug(s) you will take.
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults ages 18+ who are diagnosed with ccRCC and:
- Have been treated with a VEGF-TK-inhibitor drug
- Have been treated with an anti-PD-(L)1 monoclonal antibody
- Did not adequately respond to these treatments
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at 919-681-7460.
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to find out what combinations of experimental and approved drugs may be safe and effective treatments for your cancer. The approved drugs used in this study are pembrolizumab and lenvatinib. The four experimental drugs used in this study are called MK-1308A, MK-4280A, MK-4830, and MK-6482. No combination of any of these drugs is approved for the treatment of ccRCC.
Participants with RCC (KEYMAKER Substudy U03B)