Stool collection study for cancer patients treated with irinotecan-based therapy
What is the Purpose of this Study?
- Complete a two-page questionnaire before starting chemotherapy
- Provide a total of four stool (fecal) samples at home
- Provide an optional blood sample in the clinic if you consent
- Report the side effects of standard of care chemotherapy treatment
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults with colorectal or pancreatic cancer who:
- Are eligible to receive standard-of-care treatment with any irinotecan-based regimen
- Have not previously received irinotecan treatment
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at email@example.com.
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to see if there is a relationship between specific proteins (found in bacteria in your stool samples) and the chemotherapy side effects that you may experience during standard chemotherapy treatment.