EA9181 (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia)
What is the Purpose of this Study?
- Be assigned to 1 of 2 treatment groups
-- One group will get the standard treatment of chemotherapy + steroids and TKI
-- The other will get the study drug + steroids and TKI
- Have physical exams
- Have bone marrow samples taken
- Have a fluid sample taken from your spinal canal (lumbar puncture)
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults ages 18-75 who:
- Are diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and have a gene called BCR/ABL
- Have not received chemotherapy treatment for this type of leukemia
- Do not have serious epilepsy that needs to be treated
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at 919-684-8964
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to find out if an experimental combination of drugs is an effective treatment for ALL. The combination used in the study is blinatumomab (the study drug) + steroids and tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI). We want to know if this drug combination is more effective than the standard treatment of chemotherapy + steroids and TKI.