A Collaborative Powerhouse
Duke Cancer Institute is a collaborative powerhouse—audacious, evolving, unconventional—at the center of a world-renowned university and medical center. We unleash the power of synchronous collaboration to create breakthroughs that rapidly transform the unimagined into the possible—to fuel a pace of discoveries and advances previously thought impossible.
“Because ending cancer requires a weapon as adaptive and multiform as the disease itself.”
Integrated Patient Care
We organized our flagship cancer center to assemble each patient’s entire clinical team and treatment resources in a single building. A ground-breaking model for care is being fostered here—a model to end the life-robbing status quo. To end cancer. We bring cancer care close to home with cancer centers located in North Durham, Cary and Raleigh. Find a Duke Cancer Center near you: Locations.
To increase breakthrough discoveries, at Duke we take the road less traveled. Inspired by the bravery of our patients, we are unafraid to pursue even outrageous possibilities. Is the risk higher? Yes. And sometimes we fall short. But when we succeed, we unharness game-changing breakthroughs, such as using the polio virus to shrink brain tumors, using copper to target and kill melanomas and prostate cancer and smart-bombing HER-2 breast cancer with TDM-1.
We’re moving further, faster and with greater purpose. We draw from Duke’s entire pool of world-class talent and resources to create non-linear exchanges of knowledge and innovation. By doing so, we exponentially increase the probability of advances to transform cancer prevention and care.
A Critical Mass of Talent
We help tomorrow’s superstars stand on the shoulders of giants. Rising starts and renowned leaders alike come here to join Duke Cancer Institute’s global front-runners in science, medicine and technology. We encourage these brilliant investigators and physicians with an ethos of original thinking and collaboration to accelerate and expand their pioneering work.
At A Glance
- Duke Cancer Institute, with its six locations, sees more than 66,000 new cancer patients, from every state in the nation, each year.
- Duke Cancer Institute is a National Cancer institute-designated comprehensive cancer center.
- Duke Cancer Institute is home to more than 400 researches and physicians.
- Duke Cancer Institute includes clinical and research partnerships in India, Tanzania, China, Singapore and across the United States.
- Duke currently receives more than $115 million annually in cancer research funding from various sources.