Established in 1996, the Molecular Genomics Core (MGC) is a state-of-the-art facility offering a variety of experimental platforms to facilitate (epi)genomics and proteomics research. Accredited as a Duke Core facility in 2007, the MGC offers decades of experience with genetic, genomic, epigenomic and proteomic study design and technology, and works closely with researchers to customize experiments to meet their needs. The MGC highlights applications that include 10x Genomics single-cell library (Chromium) for both gene expression and ATAC sequencing and spatial gene expression (Visium) platforms, DNA methylation microarrays, SNP genotyping and copy number microarrays, and Taqman targeted SNP genotyping. We have also recently implemented the Quanterix Simoa® bead-based immunoassay technology which is capable of detecting proteins at femtogram levels in serum and plasma.
Services and Technologies
10x Genomics Single-cell Solutions
- Gene expression
- V(D)J profiling in T and B cells
- Cell surface protein expression
- Cell Multiplexing
Spatial Gene Expression
- Visium Spatial Gene Expression profiling in OCT and FFPE
Simoa bead-based Immunoassay technology by Quanterix
- Biomarkers measured at fg/ml concentrations in serum, plasma and CSF
- Genome-wide: Illumina methylationEPIC Arrays
SNP Genotyping and Copy Number Variation
- Genome-wide: Illumina microarrays
- Targeted: Illumina microarrays and Life Technologies Taqman Assays
Sample Quantitation and Quality Assessment
10X Genomics Chromium Controller
- Unique reagent delivery system that partitions individual cells into 100,000s to 1,000,000s of uniquely addressable partitions
Illumina iScan System and Autoloader 2
- High-precision, high-throughput array scanning for Illumina’s expansive portfolio of genetic analysis assays
Quanterix HD-X Analyzer
Fully automated Simoa bead-based immunoassay platform, which provides 1000x greater sensitivity than traditional immunoassays.
Applied Biosystems ViiA 7 Real-Time PCR System and Twister II
Sample Quantitation and Quality Assessment Instruments
- Agilent 4200 TapeStation
- Thermo Scientific Qubit 3.0 Fluorometer
- Tecan Infinite M200Pro Scanner
- Nexcelom Cellometer K2 Fluorescent Viability Cell Counter
Sample Handling Instruments
- Eppendorf epMotion 5075 Robotic Liquid Handling System
- Tecan Freedom Evo 150 Robotic Liquid Handling System
- BioMicroLab XL-20 Tube Sorter
Estimate and Service requests can be submitted through CoreResearch@Duke. Our core is listed as D-0020 DMPI: Molecular Genomics. You can find procedure guides and sample submission forms on our website.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us.
Fees are listed in CoreResearch@Duke, but for a full and accurate estimate for your project please submit an estimate request. DCI members are charged a reduced labor rate.