What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out whether it is possible to use genetic information from your tumor sample in order to test if your tumor will be sensitive to oxaliplatin (the standard of care treatment for your disease).
Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are 18 or older
- Have evidence of cancer of the colon or rectum that is metastatic to the liver
- Are able to have a fresh biopsy of their tumor
- Have not received treatment with oxaliplatin, but who’s provider is planning to treat with oxaliplatin
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study you will:
-Go through a screening period which will last about 4 weeks
-Have physical exams
-Have lab tests and other screening tests to see if you qualify for the study
If you’re able to join, you will:
- Have a biopsy of your liver lesion for testing
----This may be a biopsy scheduled only for research purposes, or taken as part of your standard of care (of which extra tissue is taken for research purposes)
- After your biopsy, you will be treated with the standard of care therapy for your disease.