What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out the practicality of using a new program called ViSPad on an electronic tablet. We want to know if this program can help reduce anxiety for cancer patients who are having imaging scans done (for example, MRI).
Brain Tumor Imaging
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults ages 18+ who:
- Are scheduled to have MRI scans
- Have a histological (a microscopic study of the structure of a tumor) diagnosis of primary or metastatic brain tumor
- Are able to speak, read, and write in English
For more information about who can be in this study, please contact the study team at 919-684-5301.
What is Involved?
If you chose to be in this study, you will:
- Complete a Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) questionnaire before your first MRI scan
- Complete ViSPad (a series of images viewed on an electronic tablet) before your second MRI scan
- Complete HADS after ViSPad and before your second MRI scan
- Complete an Exit Survey after your second MRI scan