The Duke Cancer Institute’s Community Advisory Council (CAC) provides a platform for meaningful, relationships between our patient communities and the DCI. CAC members represent diverse perspectives and geographic areas and provide opportunities to build long-lasting connections that foster trust, inclusivity, transparency, and openness. The Community Advisory Council interacts and partners with DCI researchers to:
- Understand the cancer health needs of our patient communities.
- Help foster trust with our local communities.
- Collaborate on research studies.
- Raise awareness through cancer education, early detection, and outreach events
- Partner in the dissemination of results.